Tuesday, April 14, 2009

wo kagaz ki kashti....

Today I somehow feel like going back in time ,to my childhood days…to the days where it was all so fantasizing….days when we all cousins used to play, and play like there was no tomorrow, I have so many fond memories piling up ….and with these memories I encounter a feeling of togetherness…..living in a big joint family was fun (though I was youngest of lot and never enjoyed living under one roof with all,chacha,tauji,dada dadi…yet.. living next door was also the same thing)…we use to do whole lot of crazy things-fight, care ,share, play ….but things do change …people have different perspective, each wanting to perch on to different things, tryin to live on their terms…no objection …but as a kid then I never had an idea about this feeling. …moreover the fission never got in way of our family…never will… so why is it that I am being that nostalgic?? recently I got to know that my old home was to sold and it was like a signal to me…a sign telling that I was to be no more a child…sign telling that I cannot revisit the place where I grew up, place where I had so many memories.. I know that its saddening not just to me but everybody in the family, especially my dadi who had spent her whole life there… and now moving somewhere else…even my papa, living more than half of his life there would be a bit heavy hearted..... but there is no one to blame…you have to live with the fact…I wish if I could once go there and play like we did, fight like we did, celebrate festival as we did, preparing for it well in advance ,its like a landmark being lost ,a place evident to so much happiness and so many sorrows. Never had this kind of feeling, never felt this kind of attachment, but as they say you get to realize value of a thing as soon as it’s gone…and its happening to me…I know that the bonds would always be there, but memories would be just departed to minds and wont be relived.

2 comments:

Arpit Kumar said...

…a sign telling that I was to be no more a child…

i got these signs too but in a different way i guess ...after school i think i need some real tough practice before i become a man but for the house thing.....

i believe hold on to memories and if you do believe me they seem sweeter than the real thing .it's a first hand experience .

aneesh said...

its not bout holdin on to d memory… but the void its created..u miss the place .everytime u see it u feel something special..u revere it...i mean remember recess and the episode in which they were to lose the old swing...'jungle jim'...how every body felt indifferently attached to it...i mean dats all i can say..(but i experience much more)...